Hi Woodland Shores Neighbors! Are there any cookie makers–or more importantly–cookie lovers out there?
I’d like to invite you to a neighborhood cookie exchange/community outreach activity on Thursday December 6th at 7pm.
The following are the details:
How does the cookie exchange work?
- If interested, please email me (Valerie Hamaker) directly at email@example.com by Sunday, December 2nd.
- Make 8 dozen of your favorite holiday cookies.
- Once I’ve heard from all who would like to participate, I’ll let y’all know how to package your cookies. In other words, if 8 women are interested, I’ll ask that you each package your cookies in 8 boxes of 12 cookies. If 12 women are participating, then I’ll get back with y’all to package your cookies into 12 boxes of 8 cookies and so on…
- You will each return home with 8 dozen of a variety of cookies. Sweet!
- Take home your cookies to enjoy with family, give away as gifts at work, give to your children’s teachers, or take to holiday potluck socials, etc. Talk about efficient!!
- Very important to RSVP so that all who participate comes home with loads of cookies! If any arrive but have not RSVP’ed, we won’t have pre-boxed cookies for you.
- Very important to pre-package your cookies so that we can all do a quick and easy “swap” at the exchange. (There are great disposable bags and boxes at Hobby Lobby and Michaels!)
Neighborhood Holiday Outreach Opportunity:
For all who are interested in helping our Lee’s Summit neighbors who will be struggling to feed their families this winter, please consider bringing any non-perishable foods or toiletries with you to this cookies exchange. My family will load up all donations and take them over to Lee’s Summit Social Services as a Christmas gift from the Woodland Shores Neighborhood.
Our family has participated in food and toiletry drives for our community and it is incredible how quickly the donations are taken into the homes of those in need and more food/toiletries are needed. Even if not interested in the cookie exchange, please feel free to drop by your donations! Donations will be taken to Lee’s Summit Social Services by December 8th.